Welcome

Hello and Welcome. My intent is to show how to prepare “elegant” dishes at home and enjoy a little up-scale dining, that doesn’t always require buying the “Top of the line”.

You won’t find any Casseroles, Squash, South West or Mexican here; I tend to stick with New England, European and Chinese food groups as I enjoy them most.

As I have High blood pressure and high Cholesterol, I do not use any salt nor consume any beef or beef products.

My recipes are designed for two adults with an accompanying dish (I hate the word "side" it relegates an otherwise wonderful experience to nothingness). Typically my recipes take 1-1/2 hours or less from start to table (not counting marinating). So with that, let’s get to it.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Southern Comfort Glazed Carrots

Here’s a “Blast from the past”. We’ve been making carrots this way for years. The recipe comes from a Southern Comfort flyer from the 1960’s


INGREDENTS:

20 oz. carrots (Fresh, not “baby”)
¾ cup of Lt. Brown Sugar
¼ Lb. butter
¼ cup Southern Comfort liquor

PREPARATION:
Wash and peel the carrots and crinkle cut. Mix with the other ingredients in a sauce pan.

COOKING:

Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove the cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.

Garnish with fresh parsley or rosemary. Serve hot

Here's the Crinkle cutter.

2 comments:

  1. If you have a mandolin it may also have a crinkle cut blade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I don’t have a blade, because I don’t have a mandolin – Thanks for the suggestion though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...