Welcome

Hello and Welcome. My intent is to show how to prepare “elegant” dishes at home and enjoy a little up-scale dining, that doesn’t always require buying the “Top of the line”.

You won’t find any Casseroles, Squash, South West or Mexican here; I tend to stick with New England, European and Chinese food groups as I enjoy them most.

As I have High blood pressure and high Cholesterol, I do not use any salt nor consume any beef or beef products.

My recipes are designed for two adults with an accompanying dish (I hate the word "side" it relegates an otherwise wonderful experience to nothingness). Typically my recipes take 1-1/2 hours or less from start to table (not counting marinating). So with that, let’s get to it.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Baked Chicken Legs with Balsamic Vinegar

Here's another way to cook chicken leg quarters, they are my favorite as they are more juicy and flavorful then the breasts. Give this one a try, I think it may become one of your favorite ways to cook chicken!

INGREDIENTS:

3 chicken leg quarters, skin on.
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp fresh rosemary
2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish

PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Wash the legs and remove any visible fat etc. Pat dry and Place chicken skin side up in roasting pan. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Wash the rosemary, shaking off the water. Strip the leaves from the stalk and finely chop.

Pour wine and vinegar over chicken then distribute the garlic and rosemary evenly over the legs. Pour the olive oil over the chicken and cover

COOKING:

Place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 deg. until chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour 15 minutes(175 deg). Remove the cover during the last 15 min. to let it brown some. Put the chicken on a serving dish and cover it with an Aluminum foil tent*.

Pour pan juices into small saucepan, spoon off the fat from top of pan juices. Boil juices until reduces to 1/3 cup, about 15-20 minutes.

Pour the juices over chicken and garnish with rosemary sprigs

* I use the foil tent so often, I just put it on the shelf for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...