Welcome

Hello and Welcome. My intent is to show how to prepare “elegant” dishes at home and enjoy a little up-scale dining, that doesn’t always require buying the “Top of the line”.

You won’t find any Casseroles, Squash, South West or Mexican here; I tend to stick with New England, European and Chinese food groups as I enjoy them most.

As I have High blood pressure and high Cholesterol, I do not use any salt nor consume any beef or beef products.

My recipes are designed for two adults with an accompanying dish (I hate the word "side" it relegates an otherwise wonderful experience to nothingness). Typically my recipes take 1-1/2 hours or less from start to table (not counting marinating). So with that, let’s get to it.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Morg's Bar-B-Que Sauce

I have had a request to post my Bar-B-Que Sauce. I never thought to post it as there are so many "bottled" varieties out there, why go through the effort unless you really want tasty and flavorful BBQ. I have been making it this way for so many years and my family just can't get enough of it.

INGREDIENTS:
½ cup Ketchup (Hunts)
¼ cup chili sauce (Hunts)
⅓ cup red wine
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive Oil
1 Tbsp ground black pepper
1 small lemon
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary
½ Tbsp fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp Worcester sauce
4-5 dashes Tabasco sauce

PREPARATION:

Peel and press the garlic. Wash the parsley shaking off the water; cut off the leaves and chop finely. Wash the rosemary shaking off the water; strip and finely chop the leaves. Juice the lemon.

In a medium mixing bowl add the Ketchup, Chili Sauce, wine, and oil. Mix well with a whisk. Continue adding the remaining ingredients and whisk thoroughly. (Should yield about ¾ of a cup or so).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...