Welcome

Hello and Welcome. My intent is to show how to prepare “elegant” dishes at home and enjoy a little up-scale dining, that doesn’t always require buying the “Top of the line”.

You won’t find any Casseroles, Squash, South West or Mexican here; I tend to stick with New England, European and Chinese food groups as I enjoy them most.

As I have High blood pressure and high Cholesterol, I do not use any salt nor consume any beef or beef products.

My recipes are designed for two adults with an accompanying dish (I hate the word "side" it relegates an otherwise wonderful experience to nothingness). Typically my recipes take 1-1/2 hours or less from start to table (not counting marinating). So with that, let’s get to it.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Grilling Combination

A couple of nights ago it was just beautiful. So I started up the grill and toasted up some Spiced Grilled Onion Slices along with Mesquite Grilled Shrimp. An Ideal combination to grill as the shrimp take about 6 to 8 min. and the onions take about 12 to 14 min.


After getting the grill nice and hot, sprinkled some soaked Mesquite chips on the charcoal and put on the onions, closed the cover and let them cook for about 6 min. Opened the cover and added the shrimp skewers. After they were on, I carefully turned the onions over and drizzled the remainder of the marinade on them. Closed the cover and let them cook for about 3 min, then turned the shrimp over. Another 3 min and everything was done.

Served up with some wild rice, we had a feast. It's nice to revisit recipes that we thoroughly enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...