Welcome

Hello and Welcome. My intent is to show how to prepare “elegant” dishes at home and enjoy a little up-scale dining, that doesn’t always require buying the “Top of the line”.

You won’t find any Casseroles, Squash, South West or Mexican here; I tend to stick with New England, European and Chinese food groups as I enjoy them most.

As I have High blood pressure and high Cholesterol, I do not use any salt nor consume any beef or beef products.

My recipes are designed for two adults with an accompanying dish (I hate the word "side" it relegates an otherwise wonderful experience to nothingness). Typically my recipes take 1-1/2 hours or less from start to table (not counting marinating). So with that, let’s get to it.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Grilled Corn off the Cob

INGREDIENTS: 1 Cup of frozen, loose white corn kernels* 1 Tbsp. olive oil Parsley for garnish PREPARATION: Allow the corn to thaw completely and drain any water from it. Place it in a zippered bag with the olive oil and mix well. Set aside for about a half hour while the Charcoal is started and gets up to temperature. GRILLING: A grilling basket is essential, the fine mesh style work best. Pour the corn/oil mix into the grilling basket and place on the grill grate over a medium fire. Move the corn around in the basket to expose it to the coals. You will know when it’s done, by the light brown glow it gets from the hot coals. (About 5-10 min.). Remove the corn to a serving dish, add a little parsley for color and serve. Notes: There are grilled corn on the cob recipes aplenty – Whole Kernel corn grilled there are none. Well give this recipe a try! The nutty flavor of the corn is outstanding and what’s better is you can add spices to the oil to come up with new and interesting flavors. *I have found Trader Joe’s frozen all natural with no additives to be exceptional, but I’m sure others will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...